I am a well-rounded Software Engineer, and I understand what it takes to release a product having worked on the back-end, front-end, testing and finally the deployment aspect of several products.
A role involving web technologies hosted on a cloud-based backend. I’ve worked on all the tiers of a software product, so I can appreciate the different concerns expressed at each level. I feel the latest trend in web technologies; quick prototyping, large selection of libraries, ease of programming and its cross-platform support is where the future is heading. This, distributed systems and big data algorithms are where I am focusing my current efforts—all of which are equally interesting to me.
I'm a well-rounded engineer and I'm able to see the delivery, from beginning to end, of a software stack. This includes the building, testing and continuous delivery of the solution. I have examples in my repositories that demonstrate all these in a cloud environment:
- Go/Golang backends.
- Complete end-to-end testing of the final project.
- CI builds on the cloud.
- Deployment on the cloud using Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
- Containerising software using Docker.
- Orchestrating the built containers using Kubernetes.
# Job Preferences
# Salary and notice period
I'm willing to negotiate on this as it depends on a few things, that said:
- If it's a contracting role, minimum of £580 per day.
- If it's a permanent position, minimum of £90,000 per year.
I'm available to start immediately.
# Work locations considered
Ideally, a remote role with an office in London.
If it's not fully remote, an office in East London would be perfect, e.g., Canary Wharf, Aldgate (East).
# Key skills and preferred job role
I'm flexible in terms of the choice of framework used, however, my ideal role will involve (any of) the following:
- Backend: Ideally Go/Golang as I have good experience with this.
- Roles where Linux, Google Cloud Platform (GCP)/Azure/AWS, Docker and Kubernetes are being used. Open Banking would be a plus.
- I'm up for learning more of Rust. It's just a hobby at the moment.
Summary: (Full Stack) Senior Software Engineer: Golang, Vue.js, Linux, Docker, Docker-Compose, Kubernetes, Cloud Computing, Google Cloud Computing (GCP).
# Any visa restrictions – if applicable (ILR, Tier 2, Dependant visa etc)
- Passport/Nationality: I have a British Passport, national insurance number, British Citizenship etc.
- Drivers Licence: Full UK Driving Licence.
- Background/Criminal Check:
Basic Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check: Certificate was issued on 31 July 2020.
Police Records of Convictions, Cautions, Reprimands and Warnings:
Police Certificates - ACRO Criminal Records Office: Certificate was issued on 18 February 2020.
Summary of convictions and reprimands/warnings/cautions/impending prosecutions/under investigations held on UK police databases and disclosed in accordance with the ACRO stepdown model:
I have requested a new certificate and this should arrive between the 15th/28th of August 2020.
I've a limited company called BANAIO LTD which I started in March 2017 and I've been a contractor since then. I would prefer to stick to contracting but I will also consider a permanent position.
# Reason for looking for new role
Last contract finished on the 1st of January 2020. I then went to Marrakech, Morocco on the 4th of January 2020 to buy an apartment, which took around 3 months. By the time I had completed the whole process it was the middle of March 2020 and the borders in Morocco were closed so I could not return to London. I returned to London on the 22nd of July 2020, after the Moroccan government opened the borders on the 15th of July 2020.